Some people who have fibromyalgia also report being affected by:
- chronic tiredness (fatigue)
- joint pain in various parts of their body
- restless leg syndrome, which causes spasms in either one or both legs (a few people report having spasms in the arms as well)
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJD), which causes problems with the joint connecting the jawbone to their skull, resulting in pain in their jaw and areas nearby
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are often very similar to the symptoms of myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), or chronic fatigue syndrome. We need to know more about the conditions before we can say whether they’re the same thing.